Sunday, November 30, 2008

Smoke and Raindrops

It's raining.

It's cold and I am alone in this wide-spaced house.

I haven't eaten anything yet. Smoke and nicotine is the first item to be placed in my system after a long day of sleep.

I've never realized that I'd be this much of a smoker. Placing my life on the line just for a few breaths and puff out of that tiny stick of cancer.

I miss the times like these. Being alone on a rainy night. Just the sound of raindrops on the roof.

It gives me time to think about my life. Of how I am as a person.

But it's sad at the same time because I get to realize things that make me sad.

And how miserable I really am deep inside.

= = = =

Rain.

People love it for the joy it brings. For the coolness and calmness that it provides and how other people may consider it as a blessing on a hot and irritable day.

People hate it as much as it is loved. You curse it for coming fast and unexpected. For giving you sniffles and a bad mood. For arriving just after you've had your car washed and shined.

I love rainy days. Because of it, I feel the cold in my skin too, and not only within me.

= = = =
People may see me as the eccentric, energetic, and laugh-inducing, stunt-filled comic. I love bringing laughter and humor to the people I am with at most times. All the time to be precise. It just comes out naturally, or at least it just grew out of me. It seems that I always have something witty or funny to say about the things around me.

But in every daylight, there is night time somewhere in the world. And there is a dark and lonely image of me whenever I am with myself.

Calm and quiet, depressed and like a candle at the end of it's life. Slowly flickering and ready to be consumed by darkness.

= = = =

And it's a lot of pain being alone with the person you hate most.

And that is yourself.

= = = =

I see my life similar to a good and well-written novel.

You just love to finish it.