Thursday, October 16, 2008

Prepaid

I was at my usual morning slumber, just adjusting my neck straining position from where I was lying down when I heard the usual near-crying tone of my elder sister.

Now, not that I'm a some gossip boy wannabe looking for blog material in lives of other people, it's just that that phone conversation ruined my sleep and that all that I've heard just kept getting juicier and juicier and it's like I'm listening to a radio drama.

My sister's got this long time relationship with this guy, way back from like 2nd year college or so. And she's like, what? 30-something years old?

It never got to a point where they planned for marriage or something like seriously settling with one another since her boyfriend migrated to the US and was looking for a better way to make their future pleasant.

My sister is an honest woman. I think it runs in the family. She's not some kind of lady who's up to no good and settles all her expenses on her boyfriends fund. She is a good lady and probably the one being trusted most by her boyfriend's mom a lot more than anyone else in the family.

In short, she's the perfect woman for her boyfriend. The problem is that the boyfriend may not be that much of a match for her.

Having a long term, long distance relationship could sometimes be a burden rather than be something that you can cherish.

I overheard her asking for her boyfriend's decision about them. On whether the relationship is to be given up or what. It's a sad thing that she doesn't deserve this kind of torment, as far as I'm concerned.

It's a very serious tone, just like when she's got her period or when I am overusing her laptop. But this is dead serious, like the-whole-world's-salvation-depends-on-it serious.

Anyway, most of the conversation were all based on a single "what do you want me to do, what do you want me to feel" kind of topic.

And after that, her 300-peso load just floated away without completely resolving anything at all.

And here I am, still awake because of that phone call.